The Panther Press

The Student News Site of San Domenico

The Panther Press

The Panther Press

San Domenico welcomes new head of school to its community

Paul Sanders
Sanders with wife Andrea and daughters Ella and Sloane

At long last, San Domenico has selected a new head of school for the 2024-2025 school year. Paul Sanders will succeed the interim head, Michael McGill, after months of deliberation by the Search Committee made up of trusted parents, alums, and a Dominican sister.

Liz Revenko, the chair of the San Domenico Board of Trustees, shared an insight into the selection process with the community alongside the announcement of Sanders’ selection, mentioning the length at which the committee discussed. 

“The selection of the Head of School is one of the greatest responsibilities of trusteeship, and all of us in the San Domenico family can be proud not only that Paul has accepted the appointment, but also that the scope of the search was so extensive and the qualities of the interested candidates so outstanding,” Revenko said. 

Sanders is currently the Head of School at Olso International School in Norway and started out teaching English at both The Dwight School in New Jersey and Great Valley High School in Pennsylvania. Sanders has also been part of the unique experiences with K-12 schools, working as the Assistant Head of School at The Episcopal Academy near Philadelphia alongside 1,250 students. 

Mariah Nyberg, a senior at San Domenico and one of the Panther Peer Leaders, remarked that her impression of Sanders was that he was very focused on the student aspect and was a great fit.

“I think he’ll be a great addition to the school because he really wants to connect with students and get student input,” Nyberg said.

In a letter to the San Domenico community, Sanders expressed his excitement to join the community as well as how his time with previous schools will support SD.

“I am so eager to engage with the faculty and staff to learn more about the school’s distinct and powerful educational vision,” Sanders said. “Recognizing that every school is unique, and relying on the wisdom and collaboration of the SD community, I hope my time in schools in the US and overseas will bring perspectives that complement San Domenico’s diverse student body.”

Sanders will be joining the SD and Marin community with his wife and two daughters next school year after residing in Norway since 2021.

“We cannot wait to meet more members of the community and are filled with optimism and enthusiasm for our shared future,” Sanders said.